2009-05-05

Urgent demand from Rep,. Sam Rorher  

0 comments

just received this from State Rep Sam Rorher



-AN URGENT DEMAND-
The morning of April 13, I received an email alert from a friend about a just released government document– the now infamous DHS advisory. When I first read this release, my mind flashed back to very similar language produced by the Clinton administration following the Oklahoma City bombing.

If you’re like me, I ran the gamut from shock to anger as I considered the potential ramifications of this advisory on our free society. When the Tea Parties were held just two days later and I looked out at the thousands of faces before whom I stood, I thought of freedom. I reflected upon the millions of my fellow patriotic Pennsylvanians. I then thought further about this document and concluded that it had nothing to do with securing the freedom of these honorable people, but everything to do with deceptive and strategic tactical moves. Rather than a legitimate law enforcement document, this had all the earmarks of a purely political and partisan document. Rather than providing objective assistance to local law enforcement, this appeared to me to mark the beginning of a subjective process designed to marginalize everyone who opposed the big government policies of the current administration. As I read the profile of those who fit this administration’s interpretation of likely right-wing terrorists and found that it included veterans, 2nd Amendment supporters, those who disliked shipping jobs overseas and those who wanted the laws enforced regarding illegal immigration I knew my gut feel was right. I also knew something had to be done.

But even more, as I thought of each of those faces in the crowd who were all classified as potential terrorists who needed to be monitored. I asked myself the question, “In what country am I living? How can our federal officials who took the same oath as I have to support and defend our constitution now malign and criminalize the very people they were obligated to protect?”

That’s when I determined that I needed to do what I could. So, I drafted a letter to each member of the Pennsylvania Congressional Delegation urging them to open an investigation into the authorizing and writing of this horrific DHS document and to seek the dismissal of all involved. (A letter addressed to Sen. Casey is linked here, although the entire delegation received the same letter.) My primary reason for doing so was to URGENTLY DEMAND that our Congressional Delegation come to the rescue and aggressively defend the honor and integrity of every law abiding Pennsylvanian whose character was attacked and maligned by this treacherous document.

That letter signed by 31 fellow House Members is a significant letter. It is clear in what it says and what we expect. I want you to know about it so you can write your US Senators and Congressman to act upon this letter. They have a driving obligation to come to the defense of their constituents – and to do it now. Let’s encourage them to act swiftly before the next crisis pushes this one into the distant past.

In the Defense of Freedom,

http://list.samrohrer.org//lt.php?id=cE0LDwlSDAxIC1wZCAdQXQg%3D

that is the link to the letter sent to Senator Casey

Please contact them yourself and also don't forget about Mz. Josephs.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories